These burritos are a bit more like savoury pancakes than your usual flat bread recipe. Of course Sorghum can just be made into roti by itself but I find this a tad easier, and very tasty.
2 cups of Sorghum Flour (Jowar Attar, can be found at Indian food stores, such as Crunch Munch on Cambridge street in Wembley, Western Australia)
1 tsp of salt
2 1/2 cups of boiling water (or till crepe like consistency)
1 Tablespoon of oil
1. Whisk salt and sorghum together. Add boiling water* and mix well. Cover and leave to cool for half an hour, whilst making the other burrito ingredients. *(The key to this is boiling water, if you want a recipe for a flat bread, or roti that is egg free and works pretty well with just sorghum and water, check out here.)
2. Add eggs and 1 tbspoon of oil. Batter should be the consistency of runny pancake mix or crepes. Pour batter onto medium hot frypan to make a large, crepe style pancake sized tortilla. Cook like a pancake, flipping when golden.
3. Remove and set aside, to cool down and serve burrito style with other ingredients. Should make between ten and sixteen.
1 large ripe avocado
1/2 a lemon
1 tsp of salt
1/2 an onion
1/3 of a red capsicum (sweet red bell pepper)
1. Blend/puree/mash avocado, retaining the pip and setting aside.
2. Chop up onion and capsicum.
3. Mix the remainder of the ingredients through the guacamole, giving it one more zip with a blender to mash up the capsicum and onion.
4. Put into small bowl and place pip in the centre to stop from oxidizing. (Going brown)
Shredded Chicken Ingredients:
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tsp of coriander seeds
1 clove of garlic
1/2 an onion
1/2 a capsicum
1 large plum (can be from a can) or
1-2 tablespoons of Outback Spirit Kakadu Plum Sweet Chilli Sauce (gluten free)
500 grams of chicken cubed
Shredded Chicken Method"
1. Fry garlic, cumin and coriander seeds, and capsicum (sliced) until roasted. If using a Thermomix toast for 8 minutes on Varoma, soft spoon.
2. In a Thermomix simply add the onion and plum/plum sauce and blend for 30 seconds on speed ten. Otherwise transfer to a blender and pulverize.
3. Again, in the Thermomix Add 100 grams of water, 15 grams of oil and the chicken and cook for 24 minutes, at 100 degrees celcius, reverse and speed one. Otherwise, saute chicken in a frying pan, add sauce and water to desired consistency. Will cook fine, but won't have that same shredded effect. However best to leave as is, because if you blend it, you will just end up with baby food...
4. When finished set aside in a bowl, for your burrito mix.
Other Burrito Ingredients;
Grate, cheese, carrot, cut up cucumber and the rest of your red capsicum. Add some lactose free yogurt fill up your burritos and Bob's your uncle.